Sunday, September 11, 2011

Christian Siriano Spring 2012


Very used to being shell shocked and immersed in a fierce fairy tale of shapes and and sexy Christian Siriano's collection usually unlocks a trunk in my imagination full of dreamy couture wonder. Beginning his show this year, my shoulders slumped as I needed to remind myself who's show this was, it could have at that moment been any number of designers. Where was Christians personality and wild flair? Slowly but surely like a restrained tiger style broke free! Down the runway comes a sophisticated shift dress, removing the boring element by adding pops of neon accessories and making a traditional classic item young and new. It only got better from there! In like a lamb and out like a lion, this collection gave everything form office wearable to, Hamptons chic, to an crazy amazing rich blood orange evening gown that I am positive will be most coveted for award season. The colors in the collection when they arrived full on were so beautiful and vibrant it was as though color blocking an outfit against the many skin tones of the model. The most important part of this presentation for me was mixing and matching classic items with the unexpected. For example, brightly colored full length evening gowns paired with  casual crew neck knit shirts wether striped or in one of the popular choice colors of this collection taupe. It was a different type of sophistication, it said, I don't follow trends I set them and its effortless.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...