Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rachel Zoe Debuts Fashion Line Fall 2011 Look Book



Rachel Zoe, released the look book for her new fall 2011 collection and describes the collection as, “uptown chic and downtown cool infused with Parisian elegance and London street style.” For Fall 2011, there will be 33 looks from the contemporary line. Retailers include Bergdorf Goodman, Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, Bloomingdale’s, Nordstrom, and Intermix.



It seemed as though Rachel, knew people would be expecting her collection to be very simialar to her personal style, & wanted to veer away from that. & while there are some subtle hints of Zoe, its definaelty not would I would call her signature style. The unfortunate part for me about this is, myself as I'm sure many others love & admire Rachel Zoe for her signature personal style, the statement jewelry the huge sunnys the furs the hip nod to the 70's. & it made me ponder at what point to  draw the line of even cross it, in order to stay true to who you are or appeal to the masses. 
Lets have a look, my "likes" appear in larger format;





































I am sadly slightly disappointed, the collection so far is very warm and cold for me, due to high standard and great expectation I hold a stylist of her magnitude. Some pieces, I like and some I loathe, I was definitely expecting to "die", and surprisingly I am still hear and in good health. No dying a fashionable death or "couturchering" (I made that up, but you get my point). I found the designs I liked the most were similar to those of H&M and Zara, which wouldn't be such a determining admiration factor if she wasn't RACHEL ZOE supreme being to fashions most elite and well dressed glitterati. 

I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...