Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Runway to Real way

In this tight economy, today's lesson is one in how to wear over the top fashion trends,and where to find budget conscience renditions of them so you have enough left over for a taxi, latte, and the latest issue of Harper Bazaar magazine....and maybe your light bill (-: I do things in a big way, so this seasons trends of ruffles, embellishments, layered jewelry is right up my alley. One of my absolute favorite collections right now is the Louis Vuitton/Stephen Sprouse/Marc Jacobs collection of graffiti and roses.This line as you can see below is not for the faint of heart. Filled with neon brights and roses, the collection can be pieced separately or as shown on Teira Marie, you can go for the gusto and pile everything on.I'm all for it, if your going to be a bear why not be a grizzly right? You have to be a certain type of person with a certain fashion sense and a certain confidence to pull off graffiti leggings

Here's the dilemma, you have the fashion sense, you have the confidence, you have the swag BUT you don't have the cash! Well, you're in luck!!!!! Below I have featured some celebs in some of my favorite looks and as well as some links where you can find similar items so you can recreate their look. First up we have Cassie who is usually noted for her superb fashion sense. Below Cassie's necklace is from from the Fall 2008 runway collection of Givenchy when she appeared on FNMTV. The starting price for this layered Cross and charm necklace is $2000. After some extensive research I've found a suitable replacement... at an UBER reasonable price!

http://www.forever21.com/

yep (-: (who loves you baby?) Me being the type of girl I am, I ordered two and I'm going to layer them, too much for some, just enough for me! I'm a firm believer in going hard or going home. Next up we have a fur situation! As seen here on Madge wearing Louis Vuitton in light of her new very very serious ad campaign. This is a perfect example of Runway to Real way. She is straight off a page in a magazine, literally!

While Madonna's outfit rocks my world and if given the opportunity I would wear it everyplace short of the bodega to buy milk. Your probably thinking as am I this is great for an event or a great fashionable chic party but what if I'm going to brunch with my friends or just out for Saturday evening cosmos with friends......Wellll here are some cool ideas and very affordable I might add.

*Purple Couture Vest* http://www.forever21.com/

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=outwr%5Fvest&product%5Fid=2056717440&Page=1#

Feather vest, Elizabeth & James, $595, Intermix Elizabeth & James, the high end clothing line developed by Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen

American Apparel, Sheer Rib Racer Back Tank-$22

American Apparel BabyRib Spaghetti Tank -$15

All courtesy of www.AmericanApperal.com Last but certainly not least, we have a great combination of both the feather vest and word block leggings.

These Fabulous Leggings are available at http://www.shop80spurple.com/ and they offer a few different types of word block leggings for you to mix and match for around $78. Hope you have enjoyed my little rendition of the look for less! "Retail Therapy, it seems to work. Its not the longest lasting therapy in the world, but it does its job. I'm not pretending to cure the nations economy, but, we do what we do, and if people enjoy it even better"-Marc Jacobs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...